Autumn Cleaning – Day 22
Most times it is best to clean your windows and screens from the outside, giving you a thorough clean.
Window Glass, Tracks and Sills
1. Vacuum tracks using a brush to help remove and loose debris.
2. Spray the tracks with MULIT-PURPOSE CLEANER, VINEGAR OR WATER to loosen built up dirt and grime. Let it sit and continue with the other jobs to let the chemical do its job.
3. Using a window cleaning tool with water, wash the window from bottom to top.
4. Use a squeegee blade to remove the excess water. Starting at the top and working your way down.
5. If you are doing the outside, go outside, spray the windows and screens with your chosen heavy duty window cleaner. Let this sit 5- 10 minutes (preferably not in the sun) then use a pressure cleaner, if possible, to clean all the grime off the screens and windows.
6. Use a squeegee blade to remove the excess water. Starting at the top and working your way down.
7. Spray the window with GLASS CLEANER and polish off with up and down strokes.
8. Now go back inside to finish off.
9. Remove the sliding window from the track, this will help to be able to clean the complete track, as well as the outside of the window behind the screen.
10. Using a cloth wrapped around the end of a flat head screw driver wipe through the tracks to remove the built-up dirt.
11. Wipe out with a damp cloth to polish.
12. Wipe over the screen to ensure that the dirt has been removed from the inside so that it will not press against the clean window glass when you replace it.
13. Spray the window with GLASS CLEANER and polish off with up and down strokes. Then replace back in its track.
14. The last step is to spray the inside window with glass cleaner to polish it off using up and down strokes.